Employee Appreciation Day
Check out the photos captured from Employee Appreciation Day and Hokie Wellness Health and Benefits Fair.
Watch the video recap below!
2022 Employee Appreciation Day
Join us for Virginia Tech Employee Appreciation Day May 18
Save the date for Virginia Tech Employee Appreciation Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 18, at Lane Stadium. Employees should bring their Hokie Passport or Employee ID number to check in at the event. Employees requiring ADA access should enter through Gate 2. All others can enter through Gate 3. The Hokie Wellness Health and Benefits Fair, historically held in January, will combine with the Employee Appreciation Day event to provide an enriched program for all.
Employee Appreciation Day details:
This year, we are excited to invite all of our nearly 9,000 faculty, staff, and non-student wage employees, local to the Blacksburg campus, to come together as a community to express our appreciation for your hard work and dedication to Virginia Tech.
- Lunch will begin at 11 a.m. at the South End Zone Concourse. Employees will receive a meal ticket at check in to select one hot dog, black bean burger, or pork BBQ; nachos or chips; cookie or brownie; and drinks.
- President Sands will speak at 11:30 a.m.
- Games and entertainment will be set up on Worsham Field from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Relax and enjoy music by DJ Wayne Johnson II, from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., and the Half Throttle band, from 12 - 2 p.m.
- Get your own doodler caricature by Virginia Tech’s Doodler Steven White.
- Show off your competitive side by playing cornhole and a variety of games from Venture Out.
- Access the Avery Tunnel that leads onto the field at Lane Stadium
- Watch the jumbotron showcasing photos of employees from past events, and more.
Conversations are underway to explore potential future events at other locations around the commonwealth.
Hokie Wellness Health and Benefits Fair details:
The fair will host a wide variety of benefits, health and wellness, and Virginia Tech exhibitors, totaling 62 exhibitors.
Other features include:
- Licensed massage therapist, Todd Whitehurst, and his team will provide 15-minute massages throughout the day. To simplify the process, we ask that you register for a specific time.
- Be sure to visit the fair sponsor, Embrace Loans, Scott Bunn, Realtor, and pick up your free shopping tote.
- Get some exercise with the Hokie Wellness Walking Groups every hour on the hour beginning at 10:30 a.m. Join the group leader for a 15-20 minute walk on the loop around Lane Stadium. Groups will meet outside Lane at Gate 3. Group leaders include:
- 10:30 a.m.: Chris Kiwus, interim senior vice president and chief business officer
- 11:30 a.m.: Frank Beamer, former head football coach
- 12:30 p.m.: Bryan Garey, vice president for human resources
- 1:30 p.m.: Amy Epperley, director of Hokie Wellness.
- Additionally, all three therapy dogs will be onsite.
- Visit Alternative Transportation to learn about the benefits of physical exercise. Make a smoothie as you pedal their smoothie bike and blend your own drink.
- The New River Health District will be on hand to provide Covid vaccinations and/or booster shots to any employee who may want or need one.
- The Hokie Wellness Recovery Community Coffee Bike will be on hand to share information about our Recovery Community and provide a free cup of coffee.
Employee parking and entrance details:
- Employees should bring their Hokie Passport or Employee ID number to check in at the event.
- Employees requiring ADA access should enter through Gate 2. All others can enter through Gate 3.
- Lot 2 is reserved for employee parking and will not require a parking permit during the event. ADA parking spaces are reserved; look for signage in front of Land Stadium Gate 2.
- See map for details. Overflow lots are indicated on the map in Chicken Hill and Maintenance lots.