Notice: New Conviction Check Request Form
A new Conviction Check request form is now available that features the following enhancements:
- New report options that provide the most complete results possible and will be selected based on information provided on the form.
- The new form ties to our ticketing system, allowing expanded capabilities for both departments and the Division of Human Resources to track and manage requests.
- A confirmation email will generate when a request is submitted. One major advantage of using the new ticketing system is the ability to reply through the confirmation email if there are future questions about the request.
The new form does require more information, which will allow for more thorough conviction and other pre-employment checks. A Conviction Check Process webpage contains helpful information, frequently asked questions, and more on how to complete the conviction check request form. If you have questions, please contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or 540-231-9331.
Notice: Health Benefits Premium Holiday
All eligible state employees will pay no health benefits premium for the month of October. These premium holidays occur on October 16 and November 1 paychecks. There will be no employee premium contribution deducted from your pay on those dates. Read this message from Governor Ralph Northam for more information.
About the Division of Human Resources
Virginia Tech's Division of Human Resources is committed to supporting a high quality of work life for our 13,000 full and part-time employees. The division provides services that support the university’s leadership and employees, enabling them to achieve their goals and fulfill the university's land-grant mission.
We claim our role in fostering an inclusive and engaged culture of excellence that enables Virginia Tech employees to serve as a force for positive change in a world without boundaries.
We will innovate to serve Virginia Tech as a best-in-class partner by providing:
- Strategic services that enhance the university's ability to attract, retain, and develop talent.
- Consultative services that create workplace solutions through strengthened collaboration.
- Administrative services that deliver simple, timely, and accurate HR services and information.