Hiring and Employee Transactions
Are you a manager or supervisor or a Virginia Tech employee with HR responsibilities? This site is designed to provide you with information and guidance to hire and onboard an employee or initiate an employee transaction.
- Applications support provides information on HR Banner, the Leave System, PageUp, and Performance Management.
- Employee Transactions provides process information and forms to make appointment changes, base salary adjustments, funding changes, hiring, leave, organizational transfers, other pay actions, employment separations, stipends/supplements, and more.
- A searchable Forms Library allows you to quickly find and download the form you need. Search by form number, name, description, or department owner. Note: All Virginia Tech employees with a Virginia Tech (@vt.edu) email address have access to the forms library. If you are an employee, and receive an error when trying to access/download a form, please make sure you are logged in to Google with your Virginia Tech email address.
- Hiring Guidelines provide information and key steps for hiring administrative and professional, instructional, and faculty; staff; wage; part-time faculty (P14); emergency hires; and students.
- HR Analytics and Reporting provides insight into Virginia Tech's workforce. The team is available to help with reporting and analysis of a variety of employee-related statistics.
- Offboarding is the process used to help prepare the employee, supervisor, team and/or other representative for the employee's separation from the department or Virginia Tech.
- Onboarding is an important part of welcoming a new employee to the team. These resources are designed to help managers and supervisors successfully onboard new employees.
North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318)
300 Turner Street NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Hours 8 a.m.-5 p.m.