Hiring, Onboarding, and Employee Transactions
Are you a manager or supervisor or a Virginia Tech employee with HR responsibilities? This site is designed to provide you with information and guidance to hire and onboard an employee or initiate an employee transaction.
- Applications support provides information on HR Banner, the Leave System, PageUp, and Performance Management.
- Employee Transactions provides process information and forms to make appointment changes, base salary adjustments, funding changes, hiring, leave, organizational transfers, other pay actions, employment separations, stipends/supplements, and more.
- A searchable Forms Library allows you to quickly find and download the form you need. Search by form number, name, description, or department owner. Note: All Virginia Tech employees with a Virginia Tech (@vt.edu) email address have access to the forms library. If you are an employee, and receive an error when trying to access/download a form, please make sure you are logged in to Google with your Virginia Tech email address.
- Hiring Guidelines provide information and key steps for hiring administrative and professional, instructional, and faculty; staff; wage; part-time faculty (P14); emergency hires; and students.
- Onboarding is an important part of welcoming a new employee to the team. These resources are designed to help managers and supervisors successfully onboard new employees.
- HR Reporting: Microstrategy is a report development software that interfaces with the Human Resources data in the data warehouse. It is used for creating reports and the development of interactive dashboards.