North End Center Meeting Space
North End Center offers meeting spaces for training, professional, and recreational functions that serve the university community. Training and conference spaces are available for reservation through the Division of Human Resources. Rooms can be reserved through the end of the current calendar year.
Before completing the Training and Conference Room Request Form, ensure that the room being requesting is available by checking the Microsoft Outlook calendar.
Training and conference room names appear in Outlook as follows:
- NEC Training Room 2420/2430 National Capital Region (NOTE: Limited availability for 2024)
- NEC Training Room 2440 Caribbean Studies
- NEC Training Room 2460 Richmond (Large Computer Classroom)
- NEC Training Room 2470 European Studies (Video Teleconference Room)
- North End Center 3600
To reserve a room, complete the Training and Conference Room Request Form. Once the form has been completed, the form will be sent to the Division of Human Resources.
Please note that Human Resources does not provide dedicated IT support for these training and conference rooms. If you are unfamiliar with the room technology, please consider inviting a member of your IT team to help set up prior to the event.
To speak with someone about a reservation, contact HR Facilities via email.
NEC Conference Room 3600, Third Floor
- Seating: U-Shape-seats 20, Non-Reconfigurable
- A/V and Furniture: 3 TVs, Computer, Whiteboard, Ceiling Microphone, and Camera
NEC Training Room 2420, National Capital Region
- Seating: Classroom style-seats 56, Reconfigurable
- A/V and Furniture: Two projectors with screens, Computer, Ceiling microphones, TV, Camera, and Two whiteboards
NEC Training Room 2440, Caribbean Studies
- Seating: Classroom style-seats 24, Reconfigurable
- A/V and Furniture: Computer, Two TVs, Camera, Ceiling Microphone, and Two whiteboards
NEC Training Room 2470, European Studies Video/Teleconference Room
- Seating: U-shape seats-20, Reconfigurable
- A/V and Furniture: Computer, Two TVs, Camera, and a Ceiling Microphone
NEC Training Room 2460, Richmond
- Seating: 23 student terminals, Non-Reconfigurable
- A/V and Furniture: Instructor terminal, Projector with screen, and Two whiteboards
North End Center Meeting Space Information and Procedures
Review the following information before reserving space at North End Center.
- Rooms are available 30 minutes prior and after the scheduled meeting for set-up/clean-up. Five-day notice is required if earlier access is needed. If, upon arrival, you find that the door is locked please contact the HR Front Desk at 540-231-7010 or visit Suite 2300 for assistance.
- Do not hang or stick anything to surfaces in the rooms.
- The reserving department/organization is responsible for cleaning the room after the event to include, but not limited to, tables and/or credenzas when food and/or drinks are served, trash, whiteboards, or other surfaces if applicable. If the room configuration was changed it must be returned to the original configuration. A fee of $35 will be charged if room isn't cleaned and returned to original configuration.
- Any spills on the carpet, chairs, or damage to equipment should be reported to Human Resources immediately. Any damage to the rooms could be assessed and an invoice for the cost of repairs sent to the reserving departments/organizations.
- Reservations that need to be canceled should be done as soon as possible.
Parking is available in North End Center Parking Garage (second level and above). Employees with a valid Faculty/Staff permit may enter and exit the garage free of charge with their hangtag or Hokie Passport.
Individuals without a parking permit can pay the daily garage rate of up to $8; only accepts credit cards. For other daily parking pass options, visit Transportation Services/Parking Services site.