Setting and Achieving Goals
Time, Location, and Cost
- North End Center
- $75, breakfast included. Click here for payment and cancellation information.
Setting goals helps an individual clearly identify what they want to see. It provides direction for work and life, and it leads to concentrated efforts that are more likely to bring success. Setting and achieving goals can increase confidence, improve self-esteem, and bring a greater sense of satisfaction. This module is designed to help participants set specific, meaningful, achievable goals in both work and personal life.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Set measurable, results-based goals.
- Select appropriate metrics to identify and measure success.
- Apply a negotiating model to set goals with others.
- Go to training.vt.edu.
- Select “View By Alpha”.
- Search for the course title and select.
- Select the date of the class you wish to attend and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration.
If, after registering for the course, you are unable to attend, review our payment and cancellation page for additional instructions.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, contact Human Resources or call 540-231-5100 during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event. Additional advance notice may be required, depending on the type of program and the time necessary to secure the requested accommodation(s).