Personality and Effective Communication
Time, Location and Cost
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- North End Center, Room 2420
- $150, breakfast and lunch included. Click here for payment and cancellation information.
This one-day interactive workshop is designed to build effective communication skills through insight into personality type. Using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), participants will learn how personality influences their communication style and the perspectives of others. The course also includes helpful information about communication methods and techniques for successful communication.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Know and understand personality type and how it relates to communication style
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of current communication practices
- Develop new or improved communication skills with co-workers within the department and in other departments
*Pre-work: Participants will be required to complete an online assessment prior to the workshop.
- Go to training.vt.edu.
- Select “View By Alpha”.
- Search for the course title and select.
- Select the date of the class you wish to attend and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration.
If, after registering for the course, you are unable to attend, review our payment and cancellation page for additional instructions.