Guidance for leaders
The following resources are available to help leaders navigate questions from your employees as Virginia Tech gets ready for the fall 2020 semester.
Leader Zoom sessions
Human Resources is hosting Zoom sessions where leaders with direct reports can join to learn about available resources, ask questions, and have a conversation about key topics, issues, and concerns they are receiving from employees. Following is the session schedule.
Note: Leaders will need to register in advance using the link below. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information you will need to join the meeting.
|Aug. 4||2 - 3 p.m.||Register here|
|Aug. 6||11 a.m. - noon||Register here|
|Aug. 12||2 - 3 p.m.||Register here|
|Aug. 14||11 a.m. - noon||Register here|
|Aug. 18||11 a.m. - noon||Register here|
Ready to Return Leader information channel
This is a dedicated channel for for leaders with direct reports. Included are short videos containing information for leaders on topics such as:
- EAP, Mental, and Emotional Wellness
- Effective Communication
- Leadership Resources for Adaptability
- Managing Remotely
If you lead people and would like access to this channel, please contact your college or department's HR partner.
Following are key contacts and resources that can help you with questions from your employees.
- Employee Relations
- Leave options
- Ordering cleaning supplies and protective equipment
- Work Accomodations
Key documents and resources
The university and Human Resources has made many resources available to employees and leaders to help prepare for the fall semester. Following are several key documents that are important for employees and leaders to review.
University documents and resources:
- June 8, 2020 message from Virginia Tech President Tim Sands
- Transition from Essential-Only Operations to Modified Operations
- Guidelines for Implementation of Public Health Measures
- Virginia Tech COVID-19 Testing, Tracing and Case Management plan
- COVID-19 Instructions for Supervisors