Employee Vaccination Clinic - April 6, 7, and 8, 2021
Virginia Tech continues to diligently work with the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and New River Health District (NRHD) to facilitate vaccines for university employees. Employees can register now to receive one of 8,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses, which will be administered on:
- Tuesday, April 6 from 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 7 from 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 8 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Vaccines will be administered at the Dedmon Center on the campus of Radford University, 101 University Dr, Radford, VA 24141.
- To register for a vaccine you must be an active employee of Virginia Tech. This includes faculty, staff, wage, seasonal and graduate and undergraduate students who work for the university in some capacity.
How to register:
VIsit this site then follow these instructions:
- Complete 2-factor authentication.
- Select the date and time you want for your vaccine and click Submit.
- Afterward you will receive a confirmation screen and an email confirmation of your appointment.
Employees must make an appointment to receive one of these vaccine doses.
Please note the following:
- Vaccines are for active Virginia Tech employees only. Family members of employees are not eligible during these specifically designated Virginia Tech time blocks.
- Registration for appointments will close at 4 p.m. the day prior to the date of the vaccination clinic.
- If you need to change your appointment after you have booked one, visit the site above again to select a different day and time, then follow the same steps to confirm the new appointment.
- If you have previously received a first dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, do not register for one of these appointments. Contact the NRHD call center 540-838-8222 for information on how to schedule your second dose.
- If an employee works in a location other than the Blacksburg campus, they may still register for this opportunity, provided they are able to travel to the clinic. As a reminder, if a vaccine requires two doses, the employee may need to travel again to receive their second dose.
- If an employee is unable to register themselves in the system due to limited computer access, contact email@example.com for help.
For confirmed vaccine appointments:
- For employees who receive an appointment confirmation, bring your Hokie Passport or copy of your most recent paystub as proof of employment and a completed COVID-19 Vaccination Screening and Encounter Form with you to your appointment.
Types of vaccines:
The NRHD does not know which vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson) will be offered at the clinics. For fact sheets on each vaccine type, click the links below. The CDC has determined all three vaccines are highly effective against COVID-19.
Limited transportation available to Dedmon Center:
For those who are unable to drive to the Dedmon Center, Virginia Tech is offering limited shuttle bus service from the Chicken Hill Lot on Blacksburg campus to the Dedmon Center at Radford University.
- Buses will depart from the Chicken Hill Lot beginning at 8:15 a.m. each clinic day and will run at approximately 15-minute intervals to-and-from Dedmon Center. Please get on a bus 45 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- In accordance with public health guidelines, buses will be limited to 27 passengers at a time. Face coverings are required while riding.
- For those without a permit, parking will be provided by the university and available in the Chicken Hill Lot.
- Please enter the Chicken Hill Lot from Southgate Drive. Buses will be located in the center portion of the lot.
Continue to follow good health guidelines!
As a reminder, we ask that all members of the Virginia Tech community remain vigilant and follow the good health guidelines that we have had in place. Even if someone is fully vaccinated, masks, social distancing, hand washing, and other guidelines remain critical to protect ourselves and those around us.