- Spouses or partners of a potential faculty member being recruited by Virginia Tech.
- Spouses or partners of a newly hired faculty member, who has lived in the area for less than a year.
- For retention purposes, dual career resources are available for a spouse or partner when requested by department head or dean.
The Dual Career program offers:
- Assistance with identifying employment opportunities both inside and outside Virginia Tech in both the Roanoke and New River Valleys.
- Help identifying appropriate employers and job search strategies.
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, and other documents.
- Career exploration.
- Job coaching.
- Mock interviews.
- Information on networking strategies and volunteer opportunities.
- Relocation and community information.
- Confidential assistance.
- To serve as your liaison and send notes on your behalf to departments and companies.
There is no guarantee of employment using dual career services; however, we will do our best to assist you in your job search by providing you resources and information that can help you with your career transition.
The Dual Career Program does not compromise the normal hiring process. We can neither create jobs nor intervene in an employer’s hiring process; however, we can provide a letter of support to a hiring supervisor or search committee for university positions to identify you as Dual Career candidate.
Yes we can. The Dual Career Program maintains a network of business contacts in the community and surrounding area to assist you in your job search. Some of the area industries include healthcare, energy, pharmaceuticals, education, and technology.
Up to one year or until you secure employment, whichever comes first.