Salaried employees who have been with the university for at least 90 days are eligible to apply for tuition assistance. The program applies to full- and part-time salaried employees who wish to take credit courses at Virginia Tech or other accredited institutions.
- Must meet all student admissions requirements, registration and payment deadlines
- Must be a salaried employee for at least 90 days
- Employees in a leave status are not eligible for a tuition waiver or reimbursement
- Courses and degree programs must be approved by employee's supervisor
Salaried full-time employees
- Eligible to have tuition waived or reimbursed up to 12 credit hours per academic year (fall through summer II)
- May not to exceed six hours in a fall, spring, summer I, or summer II term
Salaried part-time employees
- Eligible for up to six credit hours per academic year with the tuition waiver and reimbursement program
- May not to exceed three hours in a fall, spring, summer I, or summer II term
Online Application & Approval
If you need a paper form, please contact the HR Service Center at 540-231-9331.