Virginia Tech employees have the opportunity to pay for parking pre-tax. Employees who park at a location owned by the university may purchase a parking permit through Parking Services. To purchase a permit with pre–tax dollars, employees must purchase the permit by the start of the fall semester and pay via payroll deduction. Additional information about parking permits is available.
Service is free to all employees with a valid Hokie Passport. Blacksburg Transit is dedicated to providing fast, easy, professional and inexpensive transportation all over the town of Blacksburg, across the Virginia Tech campus, and into key spots throughout the surrounding area. Learn more about Blacksburg Transit.
Carpooling & vanpooling
Carpooling and vanpooling are options for commuters that provide several benefits including, cost sharing, payroll deductions for monthly fee, reserved parking spaces, access to Fleet Services' pump, and qualified vanpool drivers ride for free. Additional information is available.
Parking facilities owned by a third-party
Employees who pay to park in a parking lot/garage not owned by the university are eligible to participate in a program that allows individuals to set aside pre-tax dollars to cover the cost.
Employees may choose to put as much, or as little, as they’d like into the plan each month, up to the IRS limit of $250. Conexis charges a $4.50 administrative fee that is deducted from the employee’s paycheck each month.
How it works
- Enroll in the plan by completing the enrollment form.
- The plan is effective on the first day of the month after the form is received by the Department of Human Resources (for example, if Human Resources receives your form on July 25, the plan is effective August 1.).
- Park as usual and pay the third party vendor. Be sure to request a receipt.
- Submit requests for reimbursement to Conexis within 180 days of when the expense was incurred. Funds must be used for actual expenses within 180 days of the deposit. Funds not used within 180 days of deposit are forfeited.
- Enrolled employees may increase or decrease their monthly contribution at any time by submitting a new enrollment form. Employees may also enroll or end enrollment in the plan at any time. Changes are effective on the first day of the month after the form is received by the Department of Human Resources.