Legal Resources is an optional benefit program that protects employees, spouses, and dependent children (up to age 19 or 23 if enrolled as a full-time student) from paying the high cost of attorney fees associated with everyday life events. The plan offers comprehensive legal coverage on a broad range of services for $16.50 per month via payroll deduction at $8.25 per pay period. Legal Resources covers 100 percent of the attorney fees for fully covered legal services, including:
- Family law matters, uncontested divorce
- General advice and consultation
- Elder law
- Criminal matters
- Will and estate planning
- Traffic violations
- Civil actions
- Preparation and review of routine legal documents
- Real estate
- Consumer relations and credit protection
- Identity theft
Additional covered services are provided at a 25 percent discount under the expanded coverage benefit. This includes pre-existing legal matters and any legal need not fully covered or listed under exclusions. A one year commitment is required of all Legal Resources enrollees.
How the plan works
- Become a member by enrolling
- A participating law firm will be assigned based on employee's home zip code
- Receive a welcome kit with member identification cards and information about assigned law firm
- Call law firm when legal services are needed and simply say "I am a Legal Resources member"
- Certified paralegals in member services provide dedicated, ongoing support and assist with any coverage or attorney related concerns
- To transfer to another plan law firm contact member services
New hire enrollment
New employees have 60 days from their date of hire to enroll in the plan. Changes in coverage may only be made during open enrollment or a qualifying event.
How to enroll
- Visit the Legal Resources website and click "enroll online"
- Enter company code: 3313
- Enter password: nhlegal
- Click "submit"
- Complete the top portion of the online enrollment form
- If applicable, complete the dependent portion of the form
- Click "submit"
Once enrolled, Legal Resources will select the law firm closest to your home zip code. Members can change law firms at any time.
Eligible employees, who are not new hires, can enroll each year during Legal Resources’ open enrollment period.